Saturday, February 28, 2009

Goji Moji Bar

First off, no loss this week. :( I've worked so hard too! But I have gotten some encouragment on how I look, so I'll just chalk it up to muscle mass. (I really need to find my measuring tape so that I can start tracking this better)

So, the organic treat for this week is the Goji Moji Bar by Weil. This is my second time eating one of these. Not only is it an organic pure fruit and nut bar, but it is also vegan. I bought these b/c they were on closeout in Kroger's organic section and I'm trying to be adventurous.

Ingredients: Organic dates, organic fig paste, organic cashews, organic dried sweetened cranberries, organic goji berries, organic orange peel, organic lemon juice concentrate, organic orange oil. (nothing artificial or unrecognizable! love it!)

Nutrition facts: calories: 170, fat 4.5 g., Sat. fat: 1 g., Sodium: 65 mg, Carb: 29g, dietary fiber: 5 g, sugars: 20 g, protein: 3 g. (due to high-ish calorie content, I eat half of a bar for my snack)

And now for the moment of truth....
It looks like poop w/nuts!!!!

All my coworkers and a doctor that I work with agree unanimously on this fact, and most of them are not interested in trying this bar.

But what about taste? My first impression is of a fig newton (w/out the cake part) You can really taste the figs and dates, and it has that chewy consistency. You can also really taste the cranberries and orange peel. Overall, I really like this and it always feels good to eat something natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment