Monday, March 1, 2010

need to vent

Today was just not a fun day. I was just agitated and frustrated and bordering on angry all day. Frustrated with busy-ness at work and things getting messed up. Agitated with incompetent insurance representatives that I literally had to walk through how to do THEIR JOB and they still got it wrong. Annoyed with people--someone literally argued with me that they were preparing taxes for 2008!! Busy. Hot. Tired. Cranky. Did not sleep well last night. Do you ever just have one of those days? This was one of mine. I'm not feeling very gracious towards others.

Lynne passed away. Remember how I asked you to pray for a miracle? Well, it didn't happen. I guess there is a "miracle" in that other lives will be saved due to the donation of her organs, but not the miracle that I wanted. And I really truly believed that God would provide that miracle. I think that's what is so hard. And I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this--I don't get it! It's not like I lost a family member or close friend, or even an acquaintance...I NEVER EVEN MET HER!! So why is affecting me so much? I have shed a lot more tears over her situation than you would think--I cried today in the middle of TJ MAXX talking to my mom about it. I guess part of it is because of their closeness to my family. My dad was with them every step of the way...right down to when they decided to turn off the life support. My mom is hurting. Her heart is breaking... it's just such a shocking thing to happen. My mom had this same type of procedure a few years ago as did some of their friends. No one expected it or was prepared. And I really wanted God to heal her. I hurt for her husband and her children who are now without her. It just doesn't make sense. And I know that's life, but nobody said we have to like it right? Just pray for the Breen family.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my friend, I am so sorry about your day today. I have not been as effected as you by Lynne's situation and passing, but still more so than I thought. Seeing so many friends and friends of friends on facebook that are touched so much by her life and death is hard to see. It sounds like she was an amazing woman and is leaving behind a wonderful family and strong legacy. I hope you are able to grieve in your own way for her and those who have lost that relationship with her.

    ReplyDelete