Friday, January 1, 2010

Gettin' thin in 2010!!

Okay, so I have been lazy. I have not exercised. I have not eaten well. I have sat on my butt, read blogs & magazines, watched TV, and eaten junk (and baked junk). I have gained nearly 20 pounds this year. And that hurts my little heart (literally and figuratively!).

I cannot continue like this anymore. I am uncomfortable in my own body. My medical conditions are getting worse, and my self esteem has bottomed out.

And I CAN do something about this. I have to be committed. I have to track what I put into my body. I have to slowly but surely work up my exercise tolerance again, and figure out what I can do and stay consistent with.

Some things to remember:
-When I lost weight before, my health improved
-The gratification of feeling good about myself and my choices is better than the instant gratification of that cookie or pie
-I truly feel proud of myself when I make a good choice about my food
-I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!
-I do the grocery shopping, so I control what comes into this house
-I do the cooking, so I control whether we have a healthy dinner or whether I pick up fast food
-I want to be able to have kids and be a healthy mom someday

Sometimes I feel like I only have so much willpower to overcome my compulsive tendencies. I can either eat well and shop compulsively, or I can resist the urge to shop and let out my tension with food. It doesn't have to be an either-or situation. I have to work on both of these issues this year, and get them under control for the rest of my life. It is about allowing other things to rule me and that is not okay. I also have to find a balance with my baking and eating! Having people order things is really helpful b/c I can get out the urge to bake without actually eating what I make. If I make something for my baking groups, I have to make smaller portions or take it all to work.

Well, here's to a fresh start! I'm ready for change!

1 comment:

  1. yay! you go girl! i am ready for a change too... i am feeling you on all the points here. i feel so empowered and better when i make healthy choices, but it is so hard to remember that when you are faced with an unhealthy food that for some reason you think will satisfy you to the core! ugh!!

    goodluck with this, remember it is about setting realistic slow changes that you can keep over the long haul!

    ReplyDelete