Thursday, February 25, 2010

prayer request

I just wanted to ask for your prayers for a family that we are connected to. Lynne (whose husband is a local attorney, one of Patrick's clients and one of my dad's good friends) went in for a routine surgical procedure this morning and her heart stopped due to an preexisting condition that they were unaware of. When they revived her heart apparently some air escaped to her brain causing an air embolism. She has been having seizures and is in a coma and unresponsive. Things don't look good at all. We are all pretty shaken by this--the couple are friends of my parents and their son is one of my brother's best friends. I am pretty much the only one in my family without a personal connection to them. Everything has just happened so quickly and without a complete miracle she will not survive. Please pray for a miracle for her to be okay if it is God's will, and for her family and those close to her as they deal with this, no matter the outcome. Her husband is also a fairly young believer so pray for his faith to be strengthened, not shaken throughout this situation.

Events like this put everything else in perspective.

1 comment:

  1. I worked for Mike Breene about 12 yrs ago. Lynne actually hired me. She is a wonderful lady & I am so very sorry to hear about her illness. One just never knows what God's plan is...it is often alot different from our plans. In 12/09 I lost my 23 yr old daughter in law to a rare cancer...nobody saw that coming...my heart goes out to the Breene family & friends...God is the same yesterday, today & forever...beleive it...God's plan is perfect.

    ReplyDelete